There are Alternative RA Treatments (Rheumatoid Arthritis)That Work!
There are alternative RA treatments that really work! When I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, my rheumatologist started me on the traditional course of treatment immediately. As is typical, I was prescribed prednisone, hydroxychloroquine, and methotrexate - very potent and toxic drugs.
A recent study published in the Lancet looked at the long term outcome of traditional rheumatoid arthritis treatments an found that after 20 years of treatment with drugs such as prednisone, methotrexate, penicillamine, and oral gold, half of the patients were either dead or disabled.
Like many people, perhaps like yourself, I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis young - in my early 30s. I couldn't imagine taking these toxic RA drugs for the rest of my life, and I certainly didn't want to suffer an early death because of them. So I started doing research into alternative RA treatments. This website was created to share with you what I have learned.
When I first started doing research, I was discouraged. Most of what I found on the web only scratched the surface as far as exploring the various alternatives, and my Rheumatologist wasn't willing to explore any alternative treatments with me.
In actuality, there have been lots of scientific studies done on various alternative rheumatoid arthritis treatments. Some seem to work better than others, but we will explore them all here. For certain, there are no magic bullets. Every body is different, and everyone responds to treatments differently, but my goal is to give you hope...
I am in remission and I am managing my RA naturally, primarily with diet and supplements.
If you are interested in treating your rheumatoid arthritis naturally, I believe the key to success is knowledge. You really have to understand RA - what likely causes it, what your triggers are, what it does to your body, etc. - in order to understand the different treatment options available and how they can affect your disease.
You also need a great deal of determination. Treating rheumatoid arthritis naturally can be a lot more work than the traditional method of simply popping a few pills. So if you're ready to take charge of your health once and for all, I invite you to keep reading through this website.
Please remember that I am not a doctor, so I can't give you any medical advice. This site is intended to provide you with information only. If you see an alternative RA treatment on this site that you'd like to try, talk it over with your doctor - especially herbal supplements, as some of them can react adversely with some medications.
Let's Get Started!...
- Alternative RA Treatment Blog
- The Alternative RA Treatment Blog lets you know whenever any new Web pages or articles appear on alternativeratreatments.com, and keeps you up-to-date with other news and postings.
- Alternative Rheumatoid Arthritis Products
- Here, in my Alternative Rheumatoid Arthritis Store, I have gathered some of my top picks for treating Rheumatoid Arthritis naturally.
- What is Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- If you were recently diagnises and you're asking yourself what is rheumatoid arthritis, we have the answers.
- Foods May Contribute to Rheumatoid Arthritis Through a Leaky Gut - The Gut-Joint
- Foods frequently blamed for food allergies and sensitivity reactions are also believed to cause or contribute to inflammatory and autoimmune conditions- likely doing so through a leaky gut.
- Natural Remedies for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- There are a variety of natural remedies for rheumatoid arthritis. The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine list the different types of Complementary and Alternative Medicine...
- Homeopathy and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Homeopathy is an alternative form of medicine that has been used for thousands of years to treat everything from life threatening illnesses to the common cold.
- Ayurveda and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Ayurveda can give us insights as to the causes and treatments of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Diet
- Most traditional doctors will tell you that a rheumatoid arthritis diet is a myth and that there is no relationship between food and RA. However, there actually is quite a bit of data out there....
- Eat to Live
- Learn about the Eat to Live diet-style and how it can help you overcome Rheumatoid Arthritis, naturally
- Dr. Joel Fuhrman Autoimmune Protocol
- In the Eat to Live book and November 2004 Healthy Times Newsletter by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, he outlines a specific protocol for people with autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis.
- Food Elimination Diet to Heal a Leaky Gut
- Below is a specific program for doing a food elimination diet and healing a leaky gut, provided by Dr. Klaper, medical staffer on Dr Fuhrmans website.
- Gluten Intolerance Symptoms
- People with rheumatoid arthritis are more likely to have a gluten intolerance, so what are gluten intolerance symptoms?
- Eat to Live Diet Recipes and Reviews for a Rheumatoid Arthritis Diet
- Become an Eat to Live Diet food critic! Enter your favorite recipes or let us know your favorite food products. Eating a rheumatoid arthritis diet is easy, fun and delicious!
- About Dr. Joel Fuhrman
- Learn more about Dr. Joel Fuhrman, M.D. and why he's mentioned so much throughout this site.
- Arthritis Diet Tool
- Arthritis Diet: Learn more about my FAVORITE kitchen tool!
- Stress and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Stress and rheumatoid arthritis are interrelated. As someone who suffers from rheumatoid arthritis, I’m sure I don’t have to tell you this. If you’re like me, you’ve probably noticed that whenever...
- How Do Antioxidants Work
- Antioxidants are powerful in fighting inflammation in the body, which is ultra-important when treating RA naturally. If you're still wondering, But, how do antioxidants work? here's the low-down
- Treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Your Stories
- treatment for rheumatoid arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Success Story
- Click here to learn more about my rheumatoid arthritis success story.
- To contact Alternative RA Treatments, please submit the form below and we will get back to you shortly.
- Click here to read our disclaimers.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis News
- See what's new with Rheumatoid Arthritis in the news...
Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.